It is important to talk with your doctor about your risk factors before starting anti-angiogenic treatment. Together, you will develop a plan about how to lower these risks. Here are some questions you might ask your health care team.
- How does anti-angiogenic therapy block the growth of blood vessels?
- Will I need other cancer treatment in addition to anti-angiogenic therapy?
- How often will I need to schedule visits to monitor my health?
- What kind of tests will I have to take?
What can I do to protect my heart?
- Why is high blood pressure a concern?
- How should I monitor my blood pressure at home?
- What happens if I develop high blood pressure while having anti-angiogenic therapy?
- What are the symptoms of a stroke?
- What are the symptoms of a heart attack?
- What is heart failure?
- What are the signs of kidney problems?
- What happens if I develop kidney problems while taking anti-angiogenic therapy?
- What are the signs of a blood clot?