It is important to talk with your health care team about how you are feeling and share concerns along the way.
Questions to ask:
- Will any cancer treatments I receive harm my heart?
- What types of heart problems should we be watching for during or after cancer treatment? Are there certain signs and symptoms I need to report?
- What steps can be taken to lower the chance that these treatments will do lasting damage to my heart?
- Should I be seeing a cardiologist or cardio-oncologist?
- Do we need to be more aggressive in trying to control other risk factors I have for heart disease? Are there heart medications I should be taking?
- How will my heart function be checked over time?
- Does the damage from certain cancer treatments improve over time? How?
- Should I discuss my cancer history when talking about my general heart health with my doctors in the future?
- Can you provide a complete list of treatments I received for my cancer?