It’s important to prepare for your appointments to make sure any questions you have are answered. Remember to mention any changes in how you feel—especially any chest pain, shortness
of breath or concerns about the medications you are taking.
It may help to write down a list of questions ahead of time. Some helpful ones might include:
- Can we review the medications I am taking to help lower my cholesterol and how each one works?
- How can I best manage side effects?
- I have other health conditions. How can I best manage them together?
- Will I be taking these medications for the rest of my life?
- I’ve heard there is a therapy that removes LDL from the blood. How does it work? Is it safe?
- How often should I have my cholesterol checked?
- Are there other tests I will need?
- Should I see a genetic counselor? If so, who would you recommend?
- At what point should I talk with my kids about FH or get them tested?
- How is FH treated in children?
- If I have FH and want to get pregnant, do my medications need to be adjusted or stopped?