Strokes strike quickly – typically without warning. That's why it's critical to know the signs of stroke and act fast.
You might experience sudden:
- Numbness, tingling, weakness or loss of movement in your face, leg or arm, especially on one side
- Trouble speaking or understanding
- Severe headache for unknown reasons
- Vision changes in one or both eyes
- Loss of balance and/or coordination
If you or a loved one have one or more of these symptoms, don't delay. Call 911 immediately.
The window for treatment is within the first hours (usually 4.5 hours but up to 24 hours in certain patients) after symptoms start.