Here are some tips on talking to your health care team about your weight:
- What do my BMI and waist circumference tell you about my health?
- Would you recommend losing weight? If so, how much should I aim to lose, and over what period of time?
- What's the best way to reduce my caloric intake?
- What's the best way to get a healthy amount of exercise? Are there any limits on the activities I can do?
- Will I need medications to help me lose weight?
- Do I need genetic testing, a thyroid test or other tests to assess the factors that may contribute to my body fat?
- How often should I come in for check-ins while I'm working to lose weight?
- Should I see a weight-loss specialist or dietitian?