If you're an older adult who has been diagnosed with heart disease, there are several key questions that you should ask your health care provider during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What does this health test involve and what are the risks for me? Will it lead to improving my symptoms or preventing future illness?
- Can we simplify my medication list?
- How long do I need to take this medication? Are there less expensive options? Is this medication going to help with symptoms or prevent future illness?
- How can we keep the things that matter most to me in mind?
- What can I do to make sure people know my wishes?
- How can I help you to take care of me better? What is the best way to contact your office between visits?
- How do I correctly check my blood pressure at home? How often should I check it?
- What do my blood pressure numbers mean?