Your care team knows what's best in terms of supporting your heart health. Learn all you can about coronary artery disease, and share any concerns or questions with your health care team.
Here are some questions you might want to ask:
- What might be causing my coronary artery disease?
- To what extent are my arteries blocked or narrowed?
- How does this condition relate to how I'm feeling?
- What treatment do you suggest?
- How will we know whether treatment is working?
- Are there tests to show whether my condition is progressing?
- Are there certain symptoms I should pay attention to or report?
- Is there a specific eating plan I should try to follow? What about exercise?
- Do I need to have a procedure to open my arteries?
- Is cardiac rehab an option?
- How do I know if my chest pain is a heart attack?
- Do I need to take all the medications I was given after a heart attack for the rest of my life?
- What can I do to prevent a second heart attack?
- Are my children or siblings at risk for coronary artery disease? If so, what do they need to do?