Some common questions people have about sudden cardiac arrest:
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest?
- Why is using a device to deliver an electric shock to the heart as soon as possible important?
- Are there early signs to watch for?
- Who can operate an automated external defibrillator, or AED?
- My ejection fraction (a measure of how well the heart is working) is low. How worried do I need to be of sudden cardiac arrest?
- What is the chance of having a sudden cardiac arrest if a family member had one?
- Once you’ve had sudden cardiac arrest, what is needed to prevent another one?