You care team knows what’s best to help support your heart health. Be sure to ask questions about how to prevent or lessen the chance that you will develop a narrowing or hardening of your arteries.
- What blood vessels can be affected by atherosclerosis?
- How does it lead to heart attack or stroke?
- What are the early signs of narrowed or hardened arteries?
- How can we tell if my arteries are narrowed?
- Are there changes I can make to live healthier and protect my heart health or slow atherosclerosis?
- How much do high cholesterol or high blood pressure play a role?
- Are there medications that can help limit more damage to my arteries?
- Will I need a procedure to open blocked arteries?
- Can stress or lack of sleep play a role in the health of my arteries?