Keith C. Ferdinand, MD, FACC, FAHA
Professor of Clinical Medicine, Cardiology
Tulane University School of Medicine
Vice-Chief of Staff of New Orleans East Hospital
To RSVP, click here or call 504-521-6697
The American College of Cardiology’s CardioSmart is partnering with New Orleans East Hospital to offer a live educational program: “Managing Your Heart Health: Cholesterol.”
High cholesterol will affect roughly half of all men and one-third of all women at some point in their lives. The goal of this program is to educate the community on the importance of lowering “bad” cholesterol and how to manage other risk factors to prevent heart disease.
This program can help you:
- Understand the different kinds of cholesterol and factors that cause high cholesterol
- Learn about signs, symptoms, and treatment options for managing LDL, or “bad,” cholesterol
- Learn how to communicate effectively with the health care team
- Get questions answered by experts
The schedule for this event is as follows:
- Cholesterol Screenings: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- Dinner & Learn: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
This event is free and open to the public. For more information or if you have questions, please email CardioSmart at CardioSmartLive@acc.org.
This program is made possible through funding from Sanofi Regeneron.