Shock means that your body and its functions are shutting down. The body goes into shock when it can't get enough blood to
the vital organs like your heart or brain. This may be caused by a sudden illness, an injury, or bleeding. Sometimes even a mild injury will lead to
Shock is a life-threatening condition. If a person develops signs of shock, call 911 or other emergency services and
begin home treatment immediately.
Signs of shock include:
Prompt home treatment can save the
March 20, 2012
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine & David Messenger, MD
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.