Enter the "I am CardioSmart" Contest
Tell us how you are living well with heart disease for a chance to win a trip for two to Washington, D.C., in March 2017!
CardioSmart is in search of four inspiring individuals who are living well with one of these conditions:
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Congenital Heart Defect
- Coronary Artery Disease
Do you have an inspiring journey to heart health? Maybe you've run a marathon since your heart attack, made a health-changing career move, shed those extra pounds for good, or quit smoking and changed your diet. If so, we want to hear how you've beat the odds and achieved a goal you didn't think possible!
You have two options to share your story:
1. Create a Video
This is your chance to be creative! Submit an original video telling us how you have tackled heart disease and are living well with your condition.
- Video must be two to five minutes long.
- In your video, please answer the following questions:
- Tell us your story.
- How do you work with your doctors and care team to stay on top of your heart condition?
- What lifestyle changes did you make to improve your heart health?
- What challenges do you face? How are you able to overcome them?
- Who is your support system?
- Do you have a personal motto? What inspires you?
- Upload your video to YouTube and add the published video's link to your completed “I am CardioSmart” contest form.
2. Write an Essay
The written word has not lost its power! Share your compelling story by completing the “I am CardioSmart” contest form. Please submit essays of 750 words or fewer.
New this year: Individuals younger than 18 may enter. A parent or guardian must submit the entry on their behalf.
If you are selected as one of our four finalists, you'll be featured on our website to inspire others like you to partner with their care team and take charge of their heart health. You'll also win a $100 Amazon gift card!
Excerpts from the entries of the finalists will be posted to CardioSmart's Facebook page. Our Facebook friends (and yours!) will vote on who will win the grand prize—a trip for two to Washington, D.C., in March 2017 to participate in ACC.17 Annual Scientific Session. Contest entry deadline is Friday, Nov. 11, at 11:59 p.m. ET. See Official Contest Rules for details.