If you're dealing with heart disease or a heart related condition, ask your doctor about starting a program of Cardiac Rehabilitation--it's a proven way to regain strength, and improve your overall health.
Cardiac Rehab typically has five components:
- Get regular exercise--from supervised activities to a daily walk in the park. The idea is to get moving.
- Adopt a heart-healthy diet. That means low-salt meals and snacks that are rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat fish and meats. It can be delicious!
- Learn how to reduce stress, through relaxation techniques, recreation, music, even getting a pet.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully, and take your medications on schedule.
– And, if you smoke, stop immediately. Most cardiac rehab programs offer methods to help you kick this harmful habit.
People of all ages, and all walks of life, are living stronger, and longer, thanks to cardiac rehabilitation. Ask your healthcare provider about getting into a program today!