CardioSmart Partners with Hospitals for National Heart Health Screening Day
CardioSmart is collaborating with hospitals nationwide to offer free heart health screenings to local residents.
As part of the ACC’s ongoing educational and awareness efforts during Heart Month, as well as the continued partnership with the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s (NHLBI) The Heart Truth® campaign, the College is reaching out across the country to help residents take action and protect their hearts.
“To reduce their risk of heart disease, people need to learn what the risk factors are, know their individual numbers associated with those risks and know how to improve those numbers if needed,” said CardioSmart Chief Medical Expert JoAnne M. Foody, MD, FACC. “Lifestyle changes, like eating healthy and being active, that are implemented today can make a measurable difference in a person’s risk for heart disease in the future.”
In each screening location, CardioSmart educational materials will be available and nurses will be on hand to offer body mass index measurements, glucose (non-fasting) level testing, cholesterol tests, blood pressure tests and waist circumference measurements. Participants will also have the opportunity to speak with a local cardiologist.
Health screenings will be held in the following hospitals:
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, FL
- University of South Florida Health Morsani Center for Advanced Health Care in Tampa, FL
- University of South Florida Health South Tampa Center for Advance Health Care in Tampa, FL
- Stony Brook Medical Center in Stony Brook, NY
- Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg, MS
- Oschner Heart and Vascular Institute in New Orleans, LA
- Fairview Hospital in Minneapolis, MN
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX