Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you're a woman diagnosed with coronary artery disease, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- How are the symptoms of coronary artery disease different in men versus women?
- How common is coronary artery disease in women?
- What are the risk factors for coronary artery disease in women?
- What is atypical chest pain?
- How can I distinguish cardiac chest pain from chest pain of a different source?
- When should I seek medical attention if I think I have atypical chest pain
- How can women be screened for coronary artery disease?
- Are there support groups and resources specifically for women?
- How do I find a cardiologist who specializes in women’s cardiovascular health?