Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with varicose veins, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What are varicose veins?
- What causes varicose veins?
- Are varicose veins more common in women than men?
- What are the treatment options for varicose veins?
- Will my insurance cover this procedure to treat varicose veins?
- Can you recommend another pair of compression stockings? The ones I have are too difficult to put on.
- Does having varicose veins mean I’m at higher risk for other circulatory and cardiovascular diseases?
- What are the risk factors for varicose veins?
- Can I prevent varicose veins?
- What are the complications of varicose veins?
- Are there lifestyle changes I can make to improve varicose veins?
- When should I see a doctor about my varicose veins?
- I stand a lot in my daily life, and I can’t change that. What can I do to prevent my varicose veins from worsening?
- If I have varicose veins, do I need tests for other circulatory problems?