Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
- How is Type 2 Diabetes different from Type 1?
- How common is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Are there certain groups of people at higher risk for Type 2 Diabetes?
- What are the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
- How is Type 2 Diabetes diagnosed?
- What are the risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes?
- What are the treatment options for Type 2 Diabetes? When should I try lifestyle changes instead of medications?
- When do I have to start taking insulin? What is the difference between all of the different kinds of insulin?
- Can Type 2 Diabetes be reversed? If so, how?
- How often should I see my doctor if I have Type 2 Diabetes?
- How does Type 2 Diabetes change my risk for other diseases, including cardiovascular disease?
- What support groups and resources are available to me?
- Does Type 2 Diabetes run in families?