Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with prediabetes, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What is prediabetes and how is it diagnosed?
- Why is prediabetes important?
- Does everyone with prediabetes eventually get diabetes?
- How can I prevent prediabetes if I don't have it?
- How can I prevent diabetes if I have prediabetes?
- Does prediabetes increase my risk of cardiovascular disease?
- Are there symptoms of prediabetes? If so, what are they?
- What are the risk factors for getting prediabetes?
- How is prediabetes followed, and how often should I see my doctor?
- Are there support groups for people with prediabetes?
- Will I need to take medications for prediabetes?
- What lifestyle changes can I make to reduce my risk of prediabetes?