Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with peripheral arterial disease of the legs, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What is peripheral arterial disease (PAD)?
- What are the risk factors for PAD?
- What are the symptoms of PAD?
- Is PAD associated with other diseases?
- Does having PAD increase my risk of having a heart attack or stroke?
- What causes PAD?
- How is PAD diagnosed?
- How is PAD followed and how often?
- What is the treatment for PAD?
- Are there lifestyle changes I should make if I have PAD?
- How can I prevent PAD if I don’t have it yet?