Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with high cholesterol, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What is “good” cholesterol and what does it do?
- How can I increase my “good” cholesterol?
- What is “bad” cholesterol and what does it do?
- How can I decrease my “bad” cholesterol?
- What medications are available for high cholesterol? Do they have side effects?
- When should I take medication for cholesterol?
- Is high cholesterol hereditary?
- What is cholesterol and why is it important?
- How often should I have my cholesterol checked?
- Does high cholesterol cause symptoms?