Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with heart murmur, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- Is my heart murmur due to a leaky or tight heart valve?
- Will my heart murmur resolve?
- Do I need an ultrasound of the heart, also known as an echocardiogram, to evaluate my heart murmur?
- What are the symptoms of heart valve disease?
- How often should I see a doctor for this heart murmur?
- Should I restrict my physical activity because of a heart murmur?
- Is a heart murmur hereditary?
- Do I need to take antibiotics prior to dental procedures because of my heart murmur?
- Will I need surgery or another treatment for my heart valve(s)?