Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with heart failure, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What is heart failure and what is the cause of mine?
- What is my current heart function?
- What is my prognosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- Which of my medicines is for heart failure?
- Would I benefit from advanced therapy like a defibrillator or left ventricular assist device?
- What signs and symptoms should I look for to tell me my heart failure is getting worse?
- When should I call you?
- What can I eat and how much alcohol can I drink?
- How much sodium should be in my diet?
- What sort of exercise should I do, and what should I avoid?