Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What caused my cardiomyopathy?
- Do I need a stress test to search for the cause of my cardiomyopathy?
- What are the symptoms of cardiomyopathy?
- Could a heart attack have caused my cardiomyopathy? If so, how should this be evaluated?
- Could high blood pressure contribute to my cardiomyopathy?
- Do I need to restrict my physical activity because of cardiomyopathy?
- What medications should I take to manage my cardiomyopathy symptoms? What are the side-effects of these medications?
- Will I need a pacemaker for my cardiomyopathy?
- As a cardiomyopathy patient, should I weigh myself daily?
- Are there certain foods I should avoid because of my cardiomyopathy?