Questions to Ask Your Doctor
If you've been diagnosed with atherosclerosis, there are several key questions that you should ask your cardiologist during your next visit. These questions will ensure that you and your doctor have discussed your major risk factors so that you can become or stay as healthy as possible.
- What vessels in my body can be affected by atherosclerosis?
- How does atherosclerosis lead to a heart attack?
- Are there medications that I should take to lower my risk of developing atherosclerosis?
- How does diabetes lead to atherosclerosis?
- What dietary changes should I make to reduce my risk of developing atherosclerosis?
- How does atherosclerosis of my carotid arteries predispose me to stroke? Transient ischemic attacks (TIAs)?
- As an atherosclerosis patient, would I benefit from a cardiac rehab program?
- How does smoking impact my risk of developing atherosclerosis?
- Can atherosclerosis be reversed with appropriate therapy?