Questions to Ask
Here are some common questions you may want to ask your health care team:
Last updated: May 28, 2020
- What types of heart tests or procedures aren’t delayed or postponed?
- How long can I safely postpone my [test or procedure] without my health getting worse?
- What are the risks or potential downsides of postponing this [test or procedure]?
- How soon will I be able to reschedule this [test or procedure]?
- How will you monitor my condition while I’m waiting for my test or procedure to make sure I’m OK?
- How can I monitor my heart health at home (examples: step counts, home blood pressure reading, taking my heart rate or other measures)?
- Are you seeing patients by phone or video (telemedicine visits)?